Wednesday, July 30, 2008

19 October 2007 - Arrival of Brandon Kerk

The day of Brandon's arrival – Last appointment with Dr Khi

  • The last appointment with Dr Khi was also the birth date for Brandon. The appointment was scheduled at 11am. Andy & I took service 700 and transfer to SBS buses (quite a few stops to TMC).
  • Dr Khi says that Brandon is feeling very comfy in me as there were no signs of contractions, but she still put my on CTG. So I was brought to another room watching TV with Andy accompanying me till 12.30pm where we were given the green light to go home but to return to clinic at 4.30pm as I have began to show signs of labour.
  • We took a cab to Bukit Panjang Plaza and had Ichiban sushi to our very fullest! At 4pm, we took a cab to TMC with my delivery bag and Stem Cord Kit. Then after checking on me, Dr Khi said I could admit straight at 11pm, as it will be a new day hospital charge. Took a cab straight home.
  • I began playing computer games while Andy watched TV in the living room. He came to check on me every 30 minutes if I am still all right. At 8pm, I told him to buy chicken chop for me, as I suddenly want to eat that very much.
  • 19 October 2007 - 2100 hours
  • Finished my dinner and was getting ready to watch channel 8 drama when my water bag burst. It goes "piah! piah!" and water rushed out. I was still laughing to Andy and said to him : "Dear, my water bag burst liao ley, how huh?"
  • hahaha, and he immediately booked a cab and i went to bath...
  • Can’t imagine the smelly 30 days of not bathing... Soon, we were in cab with all our barang barang, the storage kit for Brandon's blood cord, my clothing, Brandon's first pc of cloth to wear home, mittens, booties and Camera!

  • 2200 hours
  • Reached Thomson Medical Centre, proceed to 2nd level of registration counter for labour ward, and the nurse walked me to a room while dear was brought to pay deposit and registration.
  • Inside the first room, there are 2 other mothers to be, they are freaking me out! Screaming, swearing and cursing away!
  • After the necessary clean up, I was finally brought to the labour room.

  • 2300 hours
  • Finally, I am in the labour room, and 2 nurses came in. One of them, ms salesgirl of epidural, kept asking me to take the epidural, cos she said that I only dilated 4cm, which I will have to wait till 20 October morning before I deliver.
  • So I shut her up and asked her to leave the room, why must I take the epidural when contractions haven started yet? But within 5 minutes, I can feel my baby's head coming out, so I told Andy to call the nurse.

  • They began the inspection and called my gynae,Dr Khi.Shortly after I saw her in fisherman's boots, tied her hair, wore gloves and robe.
  • But Andy was the one who gave me the guide to push, and with 3 pushes, Brandon is born!
  • 2325hours
  • Brandon's arrival at 2325 hours, weighing 2.390 kg at 46cm. It was also 39 weeks and 02 days.

0 comments:

 
Template Designed by Divalicious Designs